Throughout the decommissioning of the Clarecastle site, strict conditions for operating the site will be adhered to.
Site Access, Haulage Route
- HGVs will exit the site and head north on Clarehill towards Clarecastle, turn right on L4174 (Patrick Street) and continue onto R458 to the M18 (Exit 11).
- Average of 15 HGVs/hour, comprising approximately - 8 HGVs out and 7 HGVs in per hour or vice versa – with peaks of 18 HGVs/hour - 9 HGVs out and 9 HGVs in per hour.
- An estimated 63,000 HGV movements are associated with the site decommissioning over the duration of the project.
- HGVs will carry 20 ft. containers.
- A wheelwasher will be used on all HGVs leaving the site to mitigate debris and dust on the roads.
- Kerbsides and/or road infrastructure will be monitored for site traffic-related damage and remediated.
Traffic Management Plan
The 'Remediation' phase, which commenced in April 2023, will generate increased traffic through Clarecastle village. The flow and control of this traffic has been meticulously planned and will be carefully managed.
A dedicated logistics management team has been assigned to this critical aspect of the project. A 'Traffic Management Plan' has been developed to ensure that disruption to the community due to project-related traffic movements will be kept to an absolute minimum.
The key aspects of this Plan are outlined in this leaflet (click link to access).