All decommissioning work will comply with EPA requirements, will be delivered in accordance with Roche’s Industrial Emissions Licence (IEL) for the site, and any conditions required by Clare County Council.
Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR):
This report, which was prepared to support Roche Ireland Clarecastle’s planning application to Clare County Council assessed the impacts of the decommissioning project, and proposed appropriate monitoring and mitigation measures for each, where necessary, on:
- Land and soil
- Air Quality and Climate
- Cultural Heritage
- Landscape and Visual
- Roads and Traffic
- Population and Human Health
- Material Assets
Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP):
- Details the process for identifying, monitoring and reviewing the environmental impacts throughout the course of the decommissioning project.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory requirements and with Roche’s proprietary policies and objectives for all remediation projects.
Traffic Management Plan (TMP):
- Outlines the required mitigation and monitoring measures that will be taken to minimise the effect of additional traffic flows on the local road network including:
- Restrictions on the number of HGVs departing and arriving to the site during the demolition and remediation works.
- Proposed routing for the HGVs to/from the site, via Clarecastle and to/from the M18 motorway.
This leaflet (click on link below) contains the key elements of the 'Traffic Management Plan'.
Natura Impact Statement:
Assessed the potential effects the project could have on designated European sites. Outlined the required mitigation measures for the proposed works.